Someday, on the corporate balance sheet, there will be an entry which reads, "Information"; for in most cases, the information is more valuable than the hardware which processes it.
Rear Admiral Grace Hopper
Top Posts & Pages
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Combining Data
- Big Data, Elections and the Law - Does Big Data Matter in Elections?
- The Federal Trade Commission Wants In On Big Data Regulation
- Crossing Borders with Big Data in the Cloud – and the Law
- Follow-up on Data Collection and Personal Responsibility – More about the Google Glass Debate
- Data Collection, Personal Responsibility and the Law
- The Federal Trade Commission Wants Transparency in Data Practices – But FTC Commissioners Are Not Transparent about Their Activities
- Paper is the New Black
- For the Ultimate in Bitcoin Security - Use Paper
- Data Governance and the Law - Facebook’s Acquisition of WhatsApp Might Bring Some Needed Clarity
Tag Archives: Tech Culture
This isn’t one: Don’t be evil. We believe strongly that in the long-term, we will be better served-as shareholders and in all other ways-by a company that does good things for the world even if we forgo some short-term gains. … Continue reading
It’s people. We’ve talked about the NSA and governments generally. We’ve talked about Google and Facebook and other corporate actors. Finally now, we have to consider people. Not their actions in the conduct of their work – however much … Continue reading