Someday, on the corporate balance sheet, there will be an entry which reads, "Information"; for in most cases, the information is more valuable than the hardware which processes it.
Rear Admiral Grace Hopper
Top Posts & Pages
- Non-Infringement Warranty Disclaimers – Please Relax, You’re Covered Elsewhere
- Licensing Technology, Big Data and Data of Other Sizes – Don’t Agree that the Licensor Owns What It Claims to License
- That Nondisclosure Agreement Just Cost You Your Business
- The Problem of Fortune Telling and Large IT Projects
- It’s a Facebook Thing Now
- You Didn’t Use Big Data to Research That New Product. You Get Sued. You Lose.
Category Archives: Data Security
A June 1 article in The New York Times highlights some of the issues we are concerned with here at Big Data and the Law. The article is about what Kate Crawford, a researcher at Microsoft Research, calls the “Six … Continue reading
Example 1 Last week an article in the Huffington Post described how 420,000 computers were hacked in the process of creating a GIF-based map of the internet. There seems to be some debate about whether what occurred was really hacking. … Continue reading